Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

NEW BLOOD...

There isn't much that gets me excited about skateboarding nowadays. With all of your Street Leagues, Fantasy Factories, & Battles at the Berrics' it's easy to forget that skateboarding is about having fun. I can't tell you how many times I've sold a kid his first skateboard and the first words out of his mouth are "How do I get sponsored?" When I was a kid we didn't skate because we thought we were going to become millionaires doing it. We skated because it was fun as hell! These two videos reminded me of that today.

The first one is 8 year old Jackson Janney blasting ollies down the triple set in Adams Morgan. Jackson has been coming to the shop since we opened. I get stoked watching him skate now.



The next video was shot by a homie that came out to the "OH OKAY" Duke Street demo. We've all seen Damer and Gregoire rip demos. I love watching those dudes skate, but it makes me stoked to see some of the new guys on the team ripping too!



We've got one more demo left in the series. Coming up on Halloween at Bridge Spot. Hope to see you out there!